Many are the reasons to choose the Hotel "Il Vecchio Pescatore": it is situated in the heart of the National Park of Abruzzo, right on the banks of the Sangro river, with facilities that assure an ideal vacation. Typical and fine cooking at the same time, which preserves the good tastes of the past, something difficult to find today, bright and quiet rooms, equipped with all comforts (bathroom, tv, telephone, internet) - then a special and attentive welcome and every kind of activities to satisfy everybody's need and wish (nature and culture excursions, cross country skiing, horse riding, biking, canoe, football, didactic activities, enogastronomy, relax and much more.
It is the hotel itself that organizes also thematic week-ends or several-day stays of different duration, in cooperation with qualified local operators:Green weeks, school camps, vacation for foreign guests, proposals for social tourism, tours in the three areas of the Park and still different walking to discover:
- animals in the park (deers, chamois, and with some luck bears and wolves).
- the ancient tratturi (shepherd's tracks) bound to the transumanza (sheep transhumance).
- farm where sheep, cows and horses are reared.
- the secrets of ancient civilizations and local traditions (still alive).
- fabulous landscapes you will never forget.